Wonton Taco Cups
Make your own appetizer cups easily by baking wonton wrappers in a mini muffin tin. These wrappers are perfect for lots of appetizers and add a delicious crunch to these taco-inspired appetizer cups.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 24 small square wonton wrappers
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 lb (500 g) ground beef
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch allspice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) salsa, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place a wonton wrapper in each cup of a 24-cup mini muffin tin. Gently press to shape into cup. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium high heat. Crumble in ground beef. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and allspice. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa. Cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated and pan is dry. Stir in lime juice.
- Fill each wonton taco cup with some of the meat mixture. Top with cheese, lettuce, remaining salsa and sour cream. Sprinkle with green onion.
- - For a spicier kick, substitute chipotle or ancho chili powder for the traditional chili powder.
- - If you don’t have sour cream at home, you can also use Greek yogurt.
- - Wonton cups can be made a day ahead and stored in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Per Serving: Calories 231, Fat 14 grams, Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 326mg, Carbohydrates 12 grams, Fibre 0.5 grams, Sugar 0 grams, Protein 11 grams.
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/