Wild Mushroom and Lachsschinken Crostini with Mascarpone
Never tried smoky lachsschinken? Don’t miss out anymore! This flavourful meat is cured and smoked for maximum flavour. Thin slices pair perfectly with earthy mushrooms and creamy mascarpone cheese.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 31g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 24 slices baguette, about 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick
- 1 lb (500 g) mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced, such as oyster, shiitake or portobello
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) mascarpone
- 24 thin slices lachsschinken
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped chives
- Preheat the broiler to high. Brush both sides of bread with some of the olive oil. Arrange slices on baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden and toasted. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in large skillet set over high heat. Sauté mushrooms with garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in lemon juice; cook for additional 1 minute.
- Spread 2 tsp (10 mL) mascarpone onto each crostini. Top with mushrooms and lachsschinken. Garnish with chives.
- - If you can’t find mascarpone, you can also use goat cheese or cream cheese for a similar creamy finish.
- - Turn these two-bite appetizers into a lunchtime favourite by swapping baguette rounds for slices of toasted crusty sandwich bread.
- Per Serving: Calories 217, Fat 10 grams, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 368mg, Carbohydrates 18 grams, Fibre 1 gram, Sugar 1 gram, Protein 14 grams.
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/