Turkey Sausage Pizza
Keep weeknight eating simple with quick family favourites like pizza. This pizza is topped with turkey sausage, arugula, and sweet red onions.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 32g
Saturated Fat 14g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 77g
Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Ontario turkey sausages, casing removed and meat crumbled
- ¾ cup (175 mL) smooth marinara sauce
- 1 wholegrain prebaked pizza crust, about 12-inch (30 cm)*
- 1 cup (250 mL) part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cup (500 mL) baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260C) with the rack positioned in the bottom third of the oven.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add the crumbled sausage and cook until browned, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- Spread marinara sauce on pizza crust leaving a ¾-inch (2 cm) border. Sprinkle with cheese, crumbled sausage and red onion slices. Bake directly on rack for 10 minutes, or until pizza is golden and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove pizza from oven, top with arugula. Cut into 8 slices to serve.
If using raw frozen pizza dough, follow these steps
- 1. Thaw dough prior to use.
- 2. Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface and punch down dough.
- 3. Use hands or lightly floured rolling pin to stretch dough to desired size and thickness.
- 4. Transfer crust to preheated baking sheet sprinkled with ½ tbsp. cornmeal.
- 5. Add toppings and bake according to recipe.
- Calories per serving: 408, Fat 18g, Cholesterol 69g, Sodium 866mg, Carbohydrates 33g, Fibre 2.5g, Sugar 3.5g, Protein 19g
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/