Turkey and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
Warm stuffed mushrooms are a delicious appetizer packed with a creamy and decadent filling. They are also a great low waste recipe because the mushroom stems are chopped and added to the turkey and spinach stuffing.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 30 large cremini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 bag (142 g) spinach
- 6 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb (250 g) ground lean turkey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Remove and finely chop the stems from mushrooms; set aside. Heat the oil in a large
- skillet set over medium-high heat. Add spinach and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to fine-mesh strainer; cool. Squeeze dry and finely chop.
- Add bacon to the skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Crumble in turkey and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in the chopped mushroom stems, garlic and oregano. Sauté for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and pan is dry. Cool completely.
- Stir in the chopped spinach, breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese until well mixed. Stir in cream cheese, goat cheese and chives until blended. Spoon a heaping tablespoon into each mushroom cap and place on the prepared pan, leaving 2-inch (5 cm) space between caps. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated and golden brown. Serve immediately.
- - These mushroom caps are also delicious as a main course. Just swap cremini mushrooms for Portobello mushroom caps.
- - For added crunch swap traditional dry breadcrumbs for Japanese panko breadcrumbs.
- Per Serving: Calories 62, Fat 4 grams, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 87mg, Carbohydrates 2 grams, Fibre 0.5 grams, Sugar 0.5 grams, Protein 5 grams.
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/