Spice up your weeknight meals with Indian-inspired meatballs infused with curry, cilantro and ginger.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 15g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 lb (500 g) lean Ontario ground beef (or a mixture of half beef/half veal)
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) curry paste, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) minced cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) beef broth
- In large bowl, combine beef, panko, egg, garlic, ginger, half of the curry paste, lemon zest and cilantro. Gently mix with your hands just to combine (do not overmix.) Divide mixture into 12 equal parts, shape into balls.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook meatballs, turning occasionally, until browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Whisk in yogurt, remaining curry paste and beef broth, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until meatballs are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Top with additional chopped cilantro and serve over cooked basmati rice.
- Make a delicious sandwich by wrapping a meatball in naan bread or serving on a bun.
- PER SERVING (without rice): about 200 cal, 27 g pro, 7 g total fat (2 g sat fat), 8 g carb, 1 g fibre, 120 mg chol, 460 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 15%, calcium 10%, vit A 6%, vit C 4%
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/