Sweet Sesame Asian Slaw with Turkey
Cabbage salads are perfect for entertaining because they can be prepared ahead of time. Next time, prepare double to enjoy for lunch all week long. Hearty salads like this will stay crunchy even when dressed.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 14g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tahini paste
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 1 head nappa cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded purple cabbage
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded turkey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped unsalted peanuts
- Sesame Dressing: Whisk the tahini paste with the rice wine vinegar and water until smooth. Add sugar, soy sauce, canola oil, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and hot sauce (if using); whisk until blended.
- Salad: Toss the nappa cabbage, purple cabbage, carrot, snow peas, red pepper, red onion and cilantro with the dressing. Stir in turkey and peanuts.
- - Leftover cooked chicken will also taste delicious in this recipe.
- - For an added crunch top this salad with pieces of crispy noodles or toasted cashews.
- Per Serving: Calories 335, Fat 10 grams, Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 420mg, Carbohydrates 7 grams, Fibre 2 grams, Sugar 1 gram, Protein 28 grams.
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/