Slow Cooker Veal Stew
Hearty and delicious this veal stew takes just a few minutes of active time. Once you’ve got it cooking, set it and forget it for 9 hours. You’ll arrive home to a house filled with the savoury smells of tender veal stew.
Write a review
8 hr 40 min
8 hr 40 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 18g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 lb (1 kg) Ontario veal stewing cubes
- 2 cups (500 mL) carrot slices, about ½-inch (1 cm) thick
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup (50 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried rosemary
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 1 can (14.5 fl oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- In a 5-quart slow cooker combine veal, carrots, onion and garlic. Sprinkle in flour and toss to coat. Stir in stock, rosemary, thyme and diced tomatoes. Set temperature to low setting and cook for 8 hours.
- Uncover and stir in peas, increase cook setting to high. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread and a side salad.
- Ask your local butcher to cut Ontario veal stewing cubes from the leg or shoulder if you cannot find them in your grocery store.
- Calories per serving: 413, Fat 7g, Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 477mg, Carbohydrates 36g, Fibre 4g, Sugar 1g, Protein 30g
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/