Salami and Goat Cheese Crostini
The spiced bite of Ontario salami paired with tangy goat cheese and fresh herbs makes a delicious and simple appetizer that is perfect for any occasion.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 32g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) liquid honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh herbs (dill, chives, flat leaf parsley, basil)
- 8 slices baguette, toasted
- 8 slices Ontario salami or Ontario summer sausage
- 4 oz (125 g) soft goat cheese (chevre)
- In bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Stir in shallots and herbs.
- Drizzle half of the vinaigrette over the toasted bread slices, top each with a slice of the salami and spread with goat cheese. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and serve immediately.
- PER SERVING: about 150 cal, 6 g pro, 11 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 7 g carb, 1 g fibre, 10 mg chol, 290mg sodium. %RDI: iron 4%, calcium 4%, vit A 4%, vit C 2%
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/