Pesto and Bocconcini Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
Stuffed meatballs are the perfect way to add a wow-factor to your next dinner party or backyard BBQ. The cocktail bocconcini adds a delicious creaminess to the recipe that is balanced out by garlicky basil pesto.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 12g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 3g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 lb (500 g) ground lean turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared basil pesto, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated onion
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 16 cocktail-size bocconcini
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425F (220C). Line a baking sheet with parchment. Gently mix the ground turkey with half the pesto, the breadcrumbs, onion, egg, salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 16 portions. Roll the turkey mixture around a bocconcini making sure to leave no cracks so the cheese doesn’t melt out. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until meat is cooked through and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce with the remaining pesto in small saucepan set over medium heat until simmering. Toss meatballs in sauce and serve.
- • For an updated take on spaghetti and meatballs serve over cooked pasta.
- • If you can’t find cocktail-size bocconcini, cut 1-inch (2.5 cm) bocconcini into quarters. Brie or goat cheese would also work in these meatballs to add a unique twist.
- Per Serving: Calories 98, Fat 6 grams, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 202mg, Carbohydrates 3 grams, Fibre 1 gram, Sugar 1 gram, Protein 8 grams.
- One serving contains 6% of the %DV of Calcium.
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/