Grilled Flat-bread with Figs and Prosciutto
Ripe figs balance savoury prosciutto on this Italian-inspired flat-bread. Grilling adds a delicious smoky flavour that guests will love. If you want to enjoy this flat-bread all year long, it can also be prepared in the oven like a pizza.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 21g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 lb (500 g) store-bought pizza dough
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- 8 slices prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 4 fresh figs, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) baby arugula
- Preheat the grill to medium-high; grease the grate well. Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Cut pizza dough in half. Roll out each portion into a 5 x 10-inch (12.5 x 25 cm) rectangle, about 1/4-inch (6 mm) thick. Brush each side with oil.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles start to form and top and bottom are well-marked. Flip and grill for 2 to 3 minutes more or until bottom is well-marked. Transfer to a baking sheet. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Scatter the goat cheese, prosciutto, figs and Parmesan over the flat-bread. Close the lid and grill for an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until toppings are heated through. Drizzle with honey and top with fresh arugula. Cut each flat-bread as desired.
- • For an even speedier appetizer, use premade flat-bread instead of rolling refrigerated pizza dough.
- • If figs are out of season try using thinly sliced pear or apple to add a sweet crunch that pair perfectly with prosciutto.
- Per Serving (2 slices): Calories 312, Fat 12 grams, Cholesterol 19 mg, Sodium 722 mg, Carbohydrates 40 grams, Fibre 2 grams, Sugar 6 grams, Protein 12 grams.
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/