Grilled Duck and Peach Salad
Rich slices of grilled Ontario duck are nestled in fresh greens, sprinkled with crumbled cheese and toasted almonds, then drizzled with a light vinaigrette.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 11g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 Ontario duck breasts
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 peaches, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled Stilton or goat cheese
- Score the skin of the duck in a crosshatch pattern with the tip of a sharp knife. Rub each with salt and pepper. Grill skin side down, over medium high heat until dark golden brown. Transfer to indirect heat, cover and cook until duck is medium rare, about 12 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing across the grain.
- Whisk together the vinegar and olive oil.
- Divide lettuce and peaches over 4 plates. Top with sliced duck and sprinkle with almonds and cheese. Drizzle with dressing.
- Tip: This salad is also delicious with mango or raspberries substituted for the peaches.
- PER SERVING: about 260 cal, 19 g pro, 18 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 7 g carb, 2 g fibre, 60 mg chol, 330 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 25%, calcium 8%, vit A 30%, vit C 30%
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/