Turkey BLT Burgers
The cheddar cheese is mixed right in with the ground Ontario turkey creating a moist, flavourful burger that holds together well on the grill. Top with crisp Ontario bacon, lettuce and tomato and serve with a side salad or slaw for a quick and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will enjoy!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 33g
Saturated Fat 12g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 27g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 lb (500 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely grated old cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 4 slices cooked Ontario bacon, halved
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 4 soft hamburger buns
- In bowl, use a fork to gently combine turkey, Cheddar, green onion, breadcrumbs, Dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into four 1-inch (2.5cm) thick patties.
- Heat the grill to high and grease well. Grill patties, searing until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to indirect heat, cover and grill until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
- Split the buns and place a turkey burger on the bottom half of each bun; top with bacon, tomato and lettuce.
- PER SERVING: about 320 cal, 43 g pro, 8 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 24 g carb, 5 g fibre, 60 mg chol, 650 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 20%, calcium 15%, vit A 12%, vit C 15%
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/