Curry Veal Kebabs
These easy curry kebabs are sure to liven up a party or sit down family dinner!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 28g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 ½ lb (750 g) ground Ontario veal
- 1 green onion, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) medium curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped cucumber
Green Onion Yogurt Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) 0% Plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. In a large bowl combine the veal, minced green onion, 2 tbsp (30 mL) cilantro, garlic, ginger, curry powder and ½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper until just combined, do not over mix. Shape the meat into 8-inch (20 cm) long sausages and thread onto a skewer.
- Brush the grill and kebabs with canola oil. Grill kebabs for 3 meats per side until meat is thoroughly cooked through, 12 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, make yogurt sauce. Stir together Green Onion Yogurt Sauce ingredients and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, toss together tomato wedges, cucumber, and olive oil with some salt and pepper.
- Divide tomato salad between plates, top with kebab and a dollop of prepared Green Onion Yogurt sauce.
- Extra yogurt sauce will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Calories per serving: 312.8, Fat 12g, Cholesterol 68mg, Sodium 589mg, Carbohydrates 9.1g, Fibre 1.2g, Sugar 2, Protein 22g
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/