Cauliflower and Ham Hash
This one skillet weeknight meal is sure to be a crowd pleasure. This dish requires just a few simple ingredients and is ready in under 40 minutes.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups (1 L) cauliflower florets (1 head cauliflower)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) finely chopped celery
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped red pepper
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ lb (250 g) Ontario black forest ham, torn into pieces
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower, celery, red pepper, shallot, and garlic, and cook until browned, 10 minutes.
- Add ham, paprika, and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 10-15 minutes more.
- Divide hash between four plates. Wipe out skillet and heat remaining oil. Crack in 4 eggs and fry until whites are firm and yolk is slightly runny. To serve, top hash with fried egg and fresh parsley.
- Black forest ham can be substituted for leftover baked ham.
- Calories per serving: 425, Fat 22g, Cholesterol 247mg, Sodium 862.3mg, Carbohydrates 11g, Sugar 5g, Fibre 5g, Protein 22g.
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/