Beef and Broccoli Pesto Flat bread
Flatbreads are a quick family-friendly weeknight meal that the whole family can enjoy. Paired with a green salad it is a balanced meal bursting with flavour.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1113
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 125g
Saturated Fat 34g
Trans Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 70g
Total Carbohydrates 252g
Dietary Fiber 13g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) chopped broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 10 basil leaves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb (250 g) Ontario lean ground beef
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 lb (500 g) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 2 cups (500 mL) part skim Mozzarella cheese
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220C) and position a rimmed baking sheet in the bottom third of the oven.
- To make pesto, steam broccoli florets until tender. Add broccoli, lemon juice, basil, water, almonds and Parmesan cheese to a food processor and pulse until almost smooth. Add up to 2 tbsp (30 mL) water as needed to get desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned, about 8 minutes. Drain cooked beef on paper towel.
- To assemble the pizza, sprinkle parchment paper with cornmeal. Roll pizza dough into an oval or rectangle. Top with broccoli pesto leaving a ½-inch (1 cm) border. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese, red onion and cooked ground beef.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly and golden. Slice and serve.
- Calories per serving: 621, Fat 21g, Cholesterol 79mg, Sodium 522mg, Carbohydrates 53g, Fibre 3g, Sugar 3g, Protein 24g.
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/