This hearty salad makes for an excellent option for a quick meal on those busy weeknights.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrates 10g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups (2 L) mixed salad greens
- 2 pkg (85 g) cacciatore salami, casing removed and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) pearl bocconcini
- 2 jars (6 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted black olives, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced sundried tomatoes
- 8 to 10 large basil leaves, torn
- Whisk the olive oil with balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss greens with vinaigrette, and arrange on a shallow platter.
- Garnish with salami, bocconcini, artichokes, olives, red onion, sundried tomatoes and basil leaves. Serve immediately.
- If you like a spicier antipasto, try adding some Italian heat from pepperoncini. Pepperoncini is available in most supermarkets.
- Per Serving: Calories 287, Fat 28 grams, Cholesterol 36mg, Sodium 564mg, Carbohydrates 7.5 grams, Fibre 0.5 grams, Sugar 1 gram, Protein 6.5 grams.
Carptor - Your Path To Local Foods http://www.carptor.com/